- Product Description
- How it works
Better2Know Terms & Conditions
What is an Advanced Heart Health Test?
Our Advanced Heart Health Test will provide a detailed insight into your cardiovascular health and will determine your risk of cardiovascular disease. This screen includes an additional test to measure homocysteine levels, which can help to identify if you are at high risk of a heart attack or stroke in the future. This test can also monitor your homocysteine levels after a previous heart attack or stroke.
Why consider an Advanced Heart Health Test?
This screen is suitable if you are concerned about your cardiovascular health, especially if you have high risk factors such as:
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- A family history of cardiovascular issues
Or lifestyle risks, including:
- Sedentary or low physical activity level
- Unhealthy diet (high in fat and sugar)
- Often consume more than the recommended number of alcohol units
How does this test work?
This test requires blood samples which have been collected by a healthcare professional. Once they have collected your blood sample, simply place it into the postage-paid return envelope provided and send it to our accredited laboratory for analysis.
What tests will be run on my sample?
Our Advanced Heart Health Test includes the following tests:
- Homocysteine. High levels can indicate risk of heart attack or stroke.
- Low-density lipoprotein (LDL). Fatty build-ups in the arteries, also known as atherosclerosis, increases the risk of heart attack, stroke and peripheral artery disease.
- High-density lipoprotein (HDL). A healthy level may protect against heart attack and stroke.
- Non-HDL cholesterol. A high level may indicate that you are more likely to have heart problems or a stroke.
- Triglycerides. A high triglyceride level combined with high LDL cholesterol or low HDL cholesterol is linked with fatty build-ups within the artery walls, which increases the risk of heart attack and stroke.
- Apolipoprotein A. This protein can help to lower your risk for cardiovascular disease.
- Apolipoprotein B. Elevated levels are associated with an increased risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Lipoprotein. Substances made of protein and fat that carry cholesterol through the bloodstream.
- C-reactive protein. A high level of CRP in the blood is a marker of inflammation. It can be caused by a wide variety of conditions, from infection to cancer. High CRP levels can also indicate that there is inflammation in the arteries of the heart, which can mean a higher risk of heart attack.
- Lp-PLA2 (PLAC). This test measures the level of an enzyme in the blood which rises as the level of plaques rise. Rupture of these plaques may lead to heart attacks, strokes and circulatory problems.
When will my test kit arrive?
If you order your kit before 4pm, Monday to Friday, we will send it to you on the same day by first class post. You can also choose special delivery during the checkout process for a tracked and faster service.
How will I receive my test results?
Your confidential results will be ready within three working days after your sample is received at our laboratory. You can view your results in your secure patient area by logging in with the unique PIN and password you will receive upon confirmation of your order. As soon as all of your results are ready, a member of our Patient Services team will contact you.
What should I do with my results?
If your test reveals abnormal results, you should seek medical advice regarding lifestyle changes and possible medications which may be required to lower your cholesterol. Better2Know can arrange a private consultation with one of our skilled doctors located throughout the UK.
How can I order my test?
To order your Advanced Heart Health Test online, select ‘Add to Basket’ now. Alternatively, you can purchase this test over the phone by calling Better2Know on the number above and speaking to an advisor.
Better2Know provides a wide range of health tests and screens throughout the UK. Our welcoming and experienced team are available 24/7 for your convenience.
How it works
How It Works
Buying your home test kits online is simple:
- 1 Buy your test online.
- 2 Receive it in the post.
- 3 Provide a sample.
- 4 Free return postage to the lab.
- 5 Check your results securely online.
We provide a completely confidential and anonymous service. Please refer to our FAQs above, for more information. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us, using the phone number at the top of the page.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: When will you send my kit to me?
If your order is placed before 4pm on a working day, then it will be sent the same day. Otherwise it will be sent on the next working day.
Q: Why do you need my email address?
Your Patient Services Manager, Louise Wright, will email you your login details to access your results, a confirmation your kit has been dispatched and finally when all your results are ready. We do not sell on or email you any other marketing materials, that is why we do not ask you to opt in or out of anything.
Q: Do I need to use my real name?
No, but the postman does need to know where to deliver the kit to. As long as you use a name that will get the kit to you, then we do not need your real name.
Q: What does the kit packaging look like?
It will arrive in plain white envelope with your typed name and address on it.
Q: What if I have any more questions?
You can email Louise by replying to one of the emails she has sent to you. She will do her best to answer them.