Why Choose Better2Know?
- Always 100% Confidential. You do not have to give us your real name to get tested.
- Fast Results. Your test results will be available within 1-5 days depending on the tests and the location.
- Locations. We have testing clinics across the UK so you will not have to travel far.
- Choose our Everywhere service and see your private nurse at a location of your choice or at any of our pre-qualified Nurse Stations around the country.
- Facilities. Our clinics are clean and modern.
- Non-Judgmental. There is no need to be embarrassed - our clinics are friendly and discreet.
- Partners. We work with the Terrence Higgins Trust, the UK's leading sexual health charity.
STI Testing Choices
At Better2Know, we offer a wide range of tests for STIs and STDs. Whether you are concerned about a recent incident, have worrying symptoms or just want general peace of mind, we can help you to get the results and any treatment you may need. If you want more comprehensive check-up, we offer a range of STI screens, carefully designed by our medical team.
Alternatively, you can choose individual STD tests, including the following:
- HPV (Genital Warts)
- Cervical Cancer
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- All other tests including NSU (Non-Specific Urethritis) and Thrush
Most tests can be done by blood or urine, without the need for uncomfortable swabs. We offer urine testing for Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea with results available in 2 days.
We also have a selection of Home Testing Kits so you can collect your sample at home.
STD and STI Testing: Frequently Asked Questions
This is a list of frequently asked questions about sexual health testing. If you have any specific questions about getting tested for sexually transmitted diseases with Better2Know, please contact us.
How do I know if I have an STI? What are the symptoms?
Most STIs do not have any symptoms to start with, but when they occur, they vary by disease. Please click on an individual disease page above for a description of symptoms.
When should I get tested?
The window periods are different for each one. This is the period that you have to wait between any incident you are concerned about and getting tested. For example, Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea can typically be detected after two weeks.
How long does it take to get results?
This varies by the tests you choose, but is within 1-5 days from when the sample is received in the laboratory.
Are my results confidential?
Yes. The results are 100% confidential and will be known only to you and the clinic. The results will not be shared with any third parties.
What if I test positive?
Our sexual health advisors will provide you with the relevant advice, guidance and access to treatment. Please visit a specific STI info page above to find out more about testing positive.
Where is my nearest sexual health clinic?
Please visit our clinic finder to find your nearest sexual health clinic.