- Product Description
- How it works
Better2Know Terms & Conditions
What is a Complete Blood and Blood Chemistry Test?
This complete test will analyse your blood to assess how well your major body organs are functioning. This includes the liver, kidneys and heart. This test will measure all your blood chemistry parameters as well as measure and count the red and white blood cells and platelets in your sample. The results of this test will determine whether any part of your body may not be functioning properly.
Why consider a Complete Blood and Blood Chemistry Test?
This test provides a comprehensive assessment of your body’s major organs and systems. Looking after your health and well-being is important in order to live a full and healthy life.
How does this test work?
This test requires a nurse to collect your blood sample. Your test kit will contain everything you need for your sample to be collected by a nurse. When your nurse has collected your samples, simply place them in the pre-paid return envelope and send it for analysis at our accredited UK laboratory.
What tests will you run on my sample?
Our Complete Blood and Blood Chemistry Test will assess the following:
- Full blood count (FBC). with a 5-part differential. This test checks the level of all your different blood cells to identify any abnormalities.
- Erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR). This measures the rate at which blood cells settle in a tube. Faster rates can indicate inflammatory problems.
- Kidney profile. Sodium, potassium, urea and creatinine.
- Liver profile. Transaminases (alanine and asparagine), gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT), alkaline phosphatase, aspartate aminotransferase (AST), alanine aminotransferase (ALT), bilirubin and albumin.
- Bone profile. Protein, albumin, calcium, phosphorus and alkaline phosphatase.
- Cardiac profile. Transaminases (alanine and asparagine), creatine kinase, lactate dehydrogenase and potassium.
- Lipid profile. Cholesterol, triglyceride, high-density lipoprotein (HDL cholesterol), low-density lipoprotein (LDL cholesterol).
- Glucose. Measures your blood sugar levels.
- Chloride. Essential for digestion. Helps to balance electrolytes, as well as acidity and alkalinity, which helps to maintain a healthy pH.
- Uric acid. High levels may indicate gout.
When will my test kit arrive?
If you place your order before 4pm, Monday to Friday, your kit will be dispatched on the same day by first class post. If you would like a tracked service please select special delivery at checkout.
How will I receive my test results?
Your results will be available within one working day of your sample’s arrival at our accredited laboratory. You can track the progress of your results online by logging into your secure patient area at any time. Our Patient Services team will contact you once all of your results are ready to view.
What should I do with my results?
If your test reveals any abnormal levels, you should speak to a doctor. Medication can be prescribed, and further testing may be required to monitor the success of treatment. Better2Know can arrange private doctor consultations nationwide through our network of skilled doctors based across the UK. Alternatively, you can take your results to your own GP if you prefer.
How can I order my test?
You can order your Blood and Blood Chemistry Test now by clicking the ‘Add to Basket’ button. To speak to an advisor and purchase this test over the phone, call Better2Know on the number at the top of the page. A member of our Patient Services team will answer any questions you have and process your order.
Better2Know provides a wide range of health tests and screens throughout the UK. Our welcoming and experienced team are available 24/7 for your convenience.
How it works
How It Works
Buying your home test kits online is simple:
- 1 Buy your test online.
- 2 Receive it in the post.
- 3 Provide a sample.
- 4 Free return postage to the lab.
- 5 Check your results securely online.
We provide a completely confidential and anonymous service. Please refer to our FAQs above, for more information. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us, using the phone number at the top of the page.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: When will you send my kit to me?
If your order is placed before 4pm on a working day, then it will be sent the same day. Otherwise it will be sent on the next working day.
Q: Why do you need my email address?
Your Patient Services Manager, Louise Wright, will email you your login details to access your results, a confirmation your kit has been dispatched and finally when all your results are ready. We do not sell on or email you any other marketing materials, that is why we do not ask you to opt in or out of anything.
Q: Do I need to use my real name?
No, but the postman does need to know where to deliver the kit to. As long as you use a name that will get the kit to you, then we do not need your real name.
Q: What does the kit packaging look like?
It will arrive in plain white envelope with your typed name and address on it.
Q: What if I have any more questions?
You can email Louise by replying to one of the emails she has sent to you. She will do her best to answer them.