- Product Description
- How it works
Better2Know Terms & Conditions
What is a Liver Function Test?
Our Liver Function Test provides an overview of your liver health by measuring a broad range of proteins. As the largest internal organ, the liver performs over 500 functions including breaking down and processing food, combatting infections and removing drugs and toxins.
Why consider a Liver Function Test?
If you are concerned about the health of your liver this test is right for you.
Signs and symptoms of liver problems can include:
- Nausea or vomiting
- Jaundice (yellowing of the skin)
- Abdominal pain or swelling
- Loss of appetite
- Chronic fatigue
- Itchy skin
- Dark coloured urine or stools
- Swelling of the ankles or legs
If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms, you should consider the Better2Know Liver Function Test.
How does this test work?
This test requires a finger-prick blood sample, which you can collect yourself at home. After you have collected your blood sample, use the pre-paid envelope provided to return it to our fully certified laboratory. Analysis will be conducted swiftly and efficiently for your peace of mind.
What tests will be run on my sample?
This test is very comprehensive and tests for the following:
- Bilirubin. Measures the amount of bilirubin in your blood to help find the cause of health conditions like jaundice, anaemia and liver disease.
- Total protein. Measures the total amount of protein present in the blood (albumin and globulin).
- Alanine aminotransferase. This test checks for liver damage to find out if a disease, drug or injury has damaged your liver.
- Aspartate aminotransferase. This test measures the amount of AST in your blood. AST is an enzyme that is released into the bloodstream when your liver is damaged.
- Gamma-TG. An early predictive marker for atherosclerosis, heart failure, cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure, diabetes and various liver diseases including Hepatitis, other infectious diseases, and several life-threatening cancers.
- Alkaline Phosphatase. This test can help to identify bone or liver disorders. If other liver tests such as ALT and bilirubin are also raised, this is usually indicative of liver issues.
When will my test kit arrive?
If you order your Liver Function Test kit before 4pm, Monday to Friday, Better2Know will dispatch your kit on the same day by first class post. You should receive your kit either the next working day or the day after, depending on where you live.
How will I receive my test results?
The confidential results of your Liver Function Test will be available within one working day of your sample’s arrival at the laboratory. You can access your results in your secure online patient area on our website by logging in with the details we provide upon confirming your order. A member of our Patient Services team will contact you personally once all of your results are ready to view.
What should I do with my results?
If you receive abnormal results from your Liver Function Test, you should speak to a doctor. Better2Know can arrange a private consultation with one of our many skilled doctors in the UK. Your private doctor will discuss your results in more detail and provide advice on treatment options.
How can I order my test?
To order your Liver Function Test today, select the ‘Add to Basket’ button and proceed to the secure checkout page. Alternatively, you can contact Better2Know using the phone number above. Our trained advisors will answer any additional questions you have and process your order.
Better2Know provides a wide range of health tests and screens throughout the UK. Our welcoming and experienced team are available 24/7 for your convenience.
How it works
How It Works
Buying your home test kits online is simple:
- 1 Buy your test online.
- 2 Receive it in the post.
- 3 Provide a sample.
- 4 Free return postage to the lab.
- 5 Check your results securely online.
We provide a completely confidential and anonymous service. Please refer to our FAQs above, for more information. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us, using the phone number at the top of the page.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: When will you send my kit to me?
If your order is placed before 4pm on a working day, then it will be sent the same day. Otherwise it will be sent on the next working day.
Q: Why do you need my email address?
Your Patient Services Manager, Louise Wright, will email you your login details to access your results, a confirmation your kit has been dispatched and finally when all your results are ready. We do not sell on or email you any other marketing materials, that is why we do not ask you to opt in or out of anything.
Q: Do I need to use my real name?
No, but the postman does need to know where to deliver the kit to. As long as you use a name that will get the kit to you, then we do not need your real name.
Q: What does the kit packaging look like?
It will arrive in plain white envelope with your typed name and address on it.
Q: What if I have any more questions?
You can email Louise by replying to one of the emails she has sent to you. She will do her best to answer them.