- Product Description
- How it works
Better2Know Terms & Conditions
What is the Senior Female Wellness Test?
The Better2Know Senior Female Wellness Test looks at a number of key health issues in women aged 60 and over. This includes tests for liver and kidney health, diabetes and heart disease risk, as well as nutrition and energy. This screen will provide insights into a wide number of important health markers which can be monitored over time.
Why consider a Senior Female Wellness Test?
Many women worry about their health as they become older. An annual routine health check is important to spot any health problems in the early stages when treatment is likely to be more effective. Our Senior Female Wellness Test is ideal if you are looking for a comprehensive health MOT check to be sure that your body and organs are functioning well.
How does this test work?
The Better2Know Senior Female Wellness Test requires three samples: blood, urine and stool. You will need a healthcare professional to collect your blood sample for you. Once your samples have been collected, send them to our accredited UK laboratory using the postage-paid envelope provided in your kit.
What tests will be run on my sample?
This screen is very comprehensive and tests for the following:
- Kidney profile. Sodium, potassium, urea and creatinine.
- Liver profile. Transaminases (alanine and asparagine), gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT), alkaline phosphatase, aspartate aminotransferase (AST), alanine aminotransferase (ALT), bilirubin and albumin.
- Bone profile. Protein, albumin, calcium, phosphorus and alkaline phosphatase, Vitamin D
- Cardiac profile. Transaminases (alanine and asparagine), creatine kinase, lactate dehydrogenase and potassium.
- Lp-PLA2 (PLAC) Test. Tests for an enzyme which is a marker of vascular inflammation, and of cardio-vascular disease risk.
- Lipid profile. Cholesterol, triglyceride, high-density lipoprotein (HDL cholesterol), low-density lipoprotein (LDL cholesterol).
- Quantitative Faecal Immunochemical Test. This test can detect hidden or 'occult' blood in stool samples.
- Midstream Specimen of Urine. This test will look for indication of an infection.
- Thyroid profile. This will check whether you have the right level of thyroid hormones for a healthy metabolism.
- Vitamin D. This test will determine your vitamin D levels.
- Ferritin. Measures the amount of iron stored in the body used to diagnose anaemia or iron overload.
- Uric acid. High levels may indicate gout.
- HbA1c. Measures how controlled your blood glucose levels have been over a period of about 3 months.
- Chloride. Essential for digestion. Helps to balance electrolytes, as well as acidity and alkalinity, which helps to maintain a healthy pH.
- C-Reactive Protein. This is a marker for infection and inflammation. Elevated levels could indicate a chronic inflammatory disease such as arthritis, inflammatory bowel disease or lupus.
- Human epididymis protein 4. This test is useful as a tumour marker and may help to detect ovarian cancer.
- Full blood count with a 5-part differential. This test checks the levels of all your different blood cells identifying any abnormalities.
- Erythrocyte sedimentation rate. The ESR measures the rate at which blood cells settle in a tube. Faster rates can indicate inflammatory problems.
When will my test kit arrive?
If you place your order between Monday and Friday, before 4pm, your kit will be dispatched on the same day by first class post. If you would prefer a tracked service please choose special delivery on checkout.
How will I receive my test results?
The confidential results of your Senior Female Wellness Test will be ready within two working days after your sample has arrived at our certified laboratory. You can view your results online in your secure patient area. Once all of your results are available, a member of our Patient Services team will contact you.
What should I do with my results?
If your test reveals abnormal levels, you should speak to a doctor about the results. Medication can be prescribed, and further testing may be advised to ensure the success of treatment. Better2Know can arrange private consultations throughout the UK with our network of highly skilled doctors.
How can I order my test?
You can order your Senior Female Wellness Test now by selecting the ‘Add to Basket’ button. To speak to an advisor and purchase this test by phone, call Better2Know on the number at the top of the page. A member of our dedicated Patient Services team will answer your questions and process your order.
Better2Know provides a wide range of health tests and screens throughout the UK. Our welcoming and experienced team are available 24/7 for your convenience.
How it works
How It Works
Buying your home test kits online is simple:
- 1 Buy your test online.
- 2 Receive it in the post.
- 3 Provide a sample.
- 4 Free return postage to the lab.
- 5 Check your results securely online.
We provide a completely confidential and anonymous service. Please refer to our FAQs above, for more information. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us, using the phone number at the top of the page.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: When will you send my kit to me?
If your order is placed before 4pm on a working day, then it will be sent the same day. Otherwise it will be sent on the next working day.
Q: Why do you need my email address?
Your Patient Services Manager, Louise Wright, will email you your login details to access your results, a confirmation your kit has been dispatched and finally when all your results are ready. We do not sell on or email you any other marketing materials, that is why we do not ask you to opt in or out of anything.
Q: Do I need to use my real name?
No, but the postman does need to know where to deliver the kit to. As long as you use a name that will get the kit to you, then we do not need your real name.
Q: What does the kit packaging look like?
It will arrive in plain white envelope with your typed name and address on it.
Q: What if I have any more questions?
You can email Louise by replying to one of the emails she has sent to you. She will do her best to answer them.