- Product Description
- How it works
Better2Know Terms & Conditions
What is a Well Man Screen?
The Better2Know Well Man Screen looks at a number of key health issues in men. This includes tests to check liver and kidney health, diabetes and heart disease risk, as well as nutrition and energy. It will also analyse iron levels, prostate health and thyroid functioning.
Why consider a Well Man Screen?
Our Well Man Screen is suitable if you are a man looking for a comprehensive health check to assess several factors which may be affecting your overall health. This screen is designed to provide insights into a wide number of important health markers which can be monitored over time.
How does this test work?
This screen requires a blood sample collected by your nurse. Your testing kit includes everything you need for your blood sample to be collected. Once your nurse has collected your sample, simply place it in the pre-paid envelope to send it for analysis at our accredited UK laboratory.
What tests will you run on my sample?
This comprehensive test will assess the following:
- Kidney profile. Sodium, potassium, urea and creatinine.
- Liver profile. Transaminases (alanine and asparagine), gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT), alkaline phosphatase, aspartate aminotransferase (AST), alanine aminotransferase (ALT), bilirubin and albumin.
- Bone profile. Protein, albumin, calcium, phosphorus and alkaline phosphatase.
- Cardiac profile. Transaminases (alanine and asparagine), creatine kinase, lactate dehydrogenase and potassium.
- Lipid profile. Cholesterol, triglyceride, high-density lipoprotein (HDL cholesterol), low-density lipoprotein (LDL cholesterol).
- Glucose. Measures your blood sugar levels.
- Prostate profile. This test measures the level of prostate specific antigen (PSA) in the blood which, if above the normal levels, can indicate prostate cancer.
- Thyroid profile. This test can determine whether you have the correct level of thyroid hormones for a healthy metabolism.
- Ferritin. This test measures the amount of iron stored in the body and can diagnose anaemia or iron overload.
- Chloride. Essential for digestion. Helps to balance electrolytes, as well as acidity and alkalinity, which helps to maintain a healthy pH.
- Uric acid. High levels may indicate gout.
- Full blood count (FBC) with a 5-part differential. This test checks the level of all your different blood cells to identify any abnormalities.
- Erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR). The ESR measures the rate at which blood cells settle in a tube. Faster rates can indicate inflammatory problems.
When will my test kit arrive?
If you order your Well Man Screen before 4pm, Monday to Friday, your kit will be dispatched on the same day by first class post. If you would prefer a tracked service, please select special delivery at checkout.
How will I receive my test results?
Your results will be available within one working day after your sample has arrived at our certified laboratory. You can access your results online by logging into your secure patient area on our website at any time. A member of our Patient Services team will contact you when all of your results are available.
What should I do with my results?
If your results reveal abnormal levels, you should speak to a doctor. Medication can be prescribed, and further testing may be advised to ensure the success of treatment. Better2Know can arrange private consultations throughout the UK with our network of skilled doctors, or you can take your results to your own GP.
How can I order my test?
You can order your Well Man Screen now by selecting ‘Add to Basket’. To speak to an advisor and buy this test over the phone, call Better2Know on the number above. A member of our Patient Services team will answer your queries and process your order.
Better2Know provides a wide range of health tests and screens throughout the UK. Our welcoming and experienced team are available 24/7 for your convenience.
How it works
How It Works
Buying your home test kits online is simple:
- 1 Buy your test online.
- 2 Receive it in the post.
- 3 Provide a sample.
- 4 Free return postage to the lab.
- 5 Check your results securely online.
We provide a completely confidential and anonymous service. Please refer to our FAQs above, for more information. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us, using the phone number at the top of the page.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: When will you send my kit to me?
If your order is placed before 4pm on a working day, then it will be sent the same day. Otherwise it will be sent on the next working day.
Q: Why do you need my email address?
Your Patient Services Manager, Louise Wright, will email you your login details to access your results, a confirmation your kit has been dispatched and finally when all your results are ready. We do not sell on or email you any other marketing materials, that is why we do not ask you to opt in or out of anything.
Q: Do I need to use my real name?
No, but the postman does need to know where to deliver the kit to. As long as you use a name that will get the kit to you, then we do not need your real name.
Q: What does the kit packaging look like?
It will arrive in plain white envelope with your typed name and address on it.
Q: What if I have any more questions?
You can email Louise by replying to one of the emails she has sent to you. She will do her best to answer them.