- Product Description
- How it works
Better2Know Terms & Conditions
What is a Well Woman Screen?
This is a comprehensive female health screen which includes tests for liver and kidney health, diabetes and heart disease risk, hormones and thyroid function, as well as vitamins and minerals for energy and overall health.
Why consider a Well Woman Screen?
Our Well Woman Screen is suitable if you are a woman with any health concerns or are simply looking for an extensive overview of your general health and wellbeing. This screen is designed to provide insights into a large number of important health markers which can be monitored over time.
How does this test work?
Your kit contains everything required for your nurse to collect your blood sample. Once your nurse has collected your sample, simply put it in the postage-paid return envelope to send to our fully accredited UK laboratory for fast and accurate analysis.
What tests will you run on my sample?
This screen is comprehensive and tests for the following:
- Kidney profile. Sodium, potassium, urea and creatinine.
- Liver profile. Transaminases (alanine and asparagine), gamma-glutamyl transpeptidase (GGT), alkaline phosphatase, aspartate aminotransferase (AST), alanine aminotransferase (ALT), bilirubin and albumin.
- Bone profile. Protein, albumin, calcium, phosphorus and alkaline phosphatase.
- Vitamin D. To determine your vitamin D levels.
- Cardiac profile. Transaminases (alanine and asparagine), creatine kinase, lactate dehydrogenase and potassium.
- Lipid profile. Cholesterol, triglyceride, high-density lipoprotein (HDL cholesterol), low-density lipoprotein (LDL cholesterol).
- Glucose. Measures your blood sugar levels.
- Thyroid profile. To check whether you have the correct level of thyroid hormones for a healthy metabolism.
- Ferritin. This test measures the amount of iron stored in the body and can be used to diagnose anaemia or iron overload.
- Chloride. Essential for digestion. Helps to balance electrolytes, as well as acidity and alkalinity, which helps to maintain a healthy pH.
- Uric acid. High levels may indicate gout.
- Full blood count (FBC) with a 5-part differential. This test checks the levels of all your different blood cells identifying any abnormalities.
- Erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR). The ESR measures the rate at which blood cells settle in a tube. Faster rates can indicate inflammatory problems.
When will my test kit arrive?
If you order your Well Woman Screen before 4pm, Monday to Friday, your test kit will be dispatched on the same day by first class post. If you would like a tracked service, please select Special Delivery at check out.
How will I receive my test results?
The confidential results of your Well Woman Screen will be ready within just one working day after your sample has arrived at our laboratory. Your results will be available to view online by logging into your secure patient area. Once all of your results are ready, a member of our Patient Services team will contact you.
What should I do with my results?
If your results reveal any abnormal levels, you should see a doctor. Medication can be prescribed, and further testing may be recommended to ensure the success of treatment. Better2Know can arrange private consultations across the UK with our extensive network of doctors. You can also take your results to your own GP if you prefer.
How can I order my test?
To order your Well Woman Screen online now, select ‘Add to Basket’. To speak to an advisor and purchase this test over the phone, call Better2Know on the number above. A member of our Patient Services team will be more than happy to answer your questions and process your order.
Better2Know provides a wide range of health tests and screens throughout the UK. Our welcoming and experienced team are available 24/7 for your convenience.
How it works
How It Works
Buying your home test kits online is simple:
- 1 Buy your test online.
- 2 Receive it in the post.
- 3 Provide a sample.
- 4 Free return postage to the lab.
- 5 Check your results securely online.
We provide a completely confidential and anonymous service. Please refer to our FAQs above, for more information. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us, using the phone number at the top of the page.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: When will you send my kit to me?
If your order is placed before 4pm on a working day, then it will be sent the same day. Otherwise it will be sent on the next working day.
Q: Why do you need my email address?
Your Patient Services Manager, Louise Wright, will email you your login details to access your results, a confirmation your kit has been dispatched and finally when all your results are ready. We do not sell on or email you any other marketing materials, that is why we do not ask you to opt in or out of anything.
Q: Do I need to use my real name?
No, but the postman does need to know where to deliver the kit to. As long as you use a name that will get the kit to you, then we do not need your real name.
Q: What does the kit packaging look like?
It will arrive in plain white envelope with your typed name and address on it.
Q: What if I have any more questions?
You can email Louise by replying to one of the emails she has sent to you. She will do her best to answer them.