The Advantages of Choosing Better2Know
- Always 100% Confidential. You do not have to give us your real name and your results are never shared without your consent.
- Fast Results. Your HIV test results will be available the same day your sample is received in the laboratory. Many of our clinics also offer instant HIV testing so you can know your status immediately.
- Locations. We have testing clinics across UK so you will not have to travel far.
- Facilities. Our clinics are clean and modern.
- Non-Judgmental. The clinical staff is friendly and non-judgmental. We have heard it all before.
- Partners. We work with the Terrence Higgins Trust, the UK's leading sexual health charity.
Better2Know’s Anonymous HIV Testing Options
Our private STI clinics throughout the UK provide a variety of confidential HIV testing options. Like many STIs, HIV takes time before it can be accurately detected. This time between infection and accurate detection is known as the "window" or "incubation" period. If you are unsure which test to select, or when you can receive HIV testing, Better2Know’s highly trained sexual health advisors will help you. They provide guidance on which HIV testing option suits your personal needs.
You can receive confidential HIV testing as early as 10 days after suspected exposure to infection. This private HIV testing option will detect the viral RNA of HIV 1 in your blood. Results will be reported one working day after Better2Know’s CPA accredited laboratory has received your blood sample.
Better2Know’s instant HIV test is available at selected private sexual health clinics in the UK. Testing for the p24 antigen as well as HIV 1 and 2 antibodies, you will receive rapid results within 20 minutes of providing your blood sample. The p24 antigen is a protein associated with HIV, which eventually triggers the production of antibodies (seroconversion). HIV 1 and 2 antibodies are your body’s response to the foreign pathogen. This anonymous HIV testing option is available after a 26-day period of incubation. You will be given a signed and completed copy of the Better2Know Rapid Test Results Report, which will detail your confidential results.
Better2Know’s popular HIV Duo test is available following 28 days of incubation. This will also detect the p24 antigen as well as HIV 1 and 2 antibodies in your blood sample, but the test will be conducted in our CPA certified laboratory. Better2Know’s HIV Duo test is 99.8% accurate at 28 days, and increases to a 99.9% accuracy after 90 days of incubation following potential exposure to the virus.
Better2Know’s 5th Generation HIV test is the first available private testing option to report whether HIV 1 antibodies, HIV 2 antibodies, or the p24 antigen has triggered your reactive HIV result – providing even more information about your HIV infection. This confidential HIV test is available after a 28-day period of incubation.
Better2Know no longer offers the 90 day test as the 28 day test does everything the 90 day test does, and more, giving you added peace of mind. Please visit the individual test pages to find out more about each option.