Better2Know’s instant Gonorrhoea test is available at selected private sexual health clinics across the United Kingdom. Better2Know is the UK's leading provider of confidential and anonymous STI testing services with hundreds of clinics across the country available to you. Our selection of confidential sexual health screens and tests are designed with your STI testing needs in mind. By choosing Better2Know’s instant STI testing option, you will receive rapid and accurate results for common STIs such as Gonorrhoea. It is important to get tested regularly for STIs, such as Gonorrhoea, to prevent the development of further health issues resulting from an untreated infection.
|STI Screens with Instant Gonorrhoea|
Better2Know’s Instant Gonorrhoea Test
Better2Know provides confidential instant STI testing services throughout the United Kingdom. Our tests are available at many of our private sexual health clinics across the UK where you can get fast and accurate results for all sexually transmitted infections, including Gonorrhoea. Our instant Gonorrhoea test requires a swab of the urethra for men and a cervical swab for women. These swabs can be collected by your Better2Know doctor or clinician or you can take the sample yourself if you prefer. If you choose to self-collect, you will be told how to do this at your appointment.
When can I get tested?
Your instant Gonorrhoea test recommends a 14-day period of incubation. This is the time between an incident of concern and your Better2Know test. It is important not to test too early as your infection may not yet be detectable. Contact our Sexual Health Advisors with any questions and we will make sure you get the right tests at the right time for you.
When will I receive my results?
Your confidential instant Gonorrhoea results will be ready only 15 minutes after your sample has been collected. You will be given a signed and completed copy of the Better2Know Rapid Test Results Report which will detail your Gonorrhoea test result.
How accurate is my instant Gonorrhoea test?
Your instant Gonorrhoea test is highly accurate and reliable. Better2Know’s STI tests and screens, including our instant testing range, are regularly reviewed by our medical specialists to ensure you receive the most up-to-date sexual health tests available. Better2Know’s private STI testing services are performed in line with the highest international standards of quality and care.
What other STIs should I get tested for?
You can receive Better2Know’s instant Gonorrhoea test individually or combined with other instant STI tests for a more thorough sexual health screen. Better2Know provides instant testing for six other sexually transmitted infections:
Contact Better2Know today using the number at the top of the screen to discuss your needs and get more information on Better2Know’s private STI testing services.
Your Instant Gonorrhoea Testing Process
If you are unsure which Gonorrhoea testing option to select, Better2Know’s highly trained Sexual Health Advisors are available 24/7 to help with any questions or concerns you may have. Our expert advisors will provide confidential support and guidance to you and are always available. Just call us on the number above and we will help you every step of the way. Your Better2Know advisor will:
- Help you with all your STI related concerns
- Answer all your questions
- Advise on which sexual health screens and tests are right for you
- Organise your private STI testing appointment for a time and date that suits you
- Process and confirm your confidential booking
- Provide your login details for access to Better2Know’s secure patient area
You do not need to give us your real name at any stage, so your test will be completely anonymous.
Book Your Instant Gonorrhoea Test
You can contact Better2Know directly using the number given above. One of our experienced sexual health advisors is always available to provide any support you need and answer any existing questions you may have. You can book your tests directly with your Sexual Health Advisor or you can arrange your instant Gonorrhoea test online by selecting the orange button above and following the instructions.
Attending Better2Know’s Private Sexual Health Clinic
Once you have confirmed your confidential STI testing appointment, your Better2Know advisor will provide you with all the information you need before you attend our STI testing facility. Details of your appointment and the tests you will have will be sent to you via your choice of email or text and are also available in your personal and private patient area on our website. On arrival at Better2Know’s private sexual health clinic, you will be seen by a qualified medical practitioner who will explain your test before collecting your sample.
Sample Collection and Analysis
Your Better2Know doctor will collect the swab sample from the cervix (women) or urethra (men) for fast, accurate analysis. You can also choose to collect your own sample if you prefer. Your sample will then be combined with a reagent solution and added to the Gonorrhoea testing cassette. If you are positive for Gonorrhoea, two lines will appear. Otherwise, only one line will appear, and your instant Gonorrhoea test will be negative.
Gonorrhoea Treatment if your test is positive
If you test positive for Gonorrhoea, your private Better2Know doctor will provide a prescription for the medication you require at no additional cost to you. Better2Know’s experienced doctor will choose the most suitable treatment option for you. Generally, a Gonorrhoea infection is treated with an injection plus an antibiotic tablet. You can discuss your treatment options with your Better2Know doctor or advisor at any time. A test-of-cure is advisable two weeks after you have completed your treatment. This is to ensure the infection has completely cleared.
Gonorrhoea: Transmission, Symptoms, Treatment, Prevention
- Gonorrhoea is a common and highly infectious sexually transmitted infection
- Ejaculation does not need to occur for Gonorrhoea to be transmitted
- Sometimes called “The Clap” Gonorrhoea can infect the penis, vagina, throat and rectum
- Gonorrhoea is easily passed between people via unprotected vaginal, oral or anal sex
- Gonorrhoea infections in the throat can occur in both men and women who perform oral sex on an infected partner
- Gonorrhoea can live in your throat, in the vagina of women, or in the penis, testes and semen of men
If you have a Gonorrhoea infection you may not know about it. Around 15% of men and up to 80% of women will not have any symptoms of their Gonorrhoea infection. This is one of the reasons why Gonorrhoea is so common and easily spread. Therefore getting tested for Gonorrhoea is very important.
Testing is the only reliable way to know if you are carrying this infection. If you have a Gonorrhoea infection you need to get treatment right away to protect your health and avoid spreading the infection to your partners.
Most cases of Gonorrhoea in women have no symptoms. Men with a Gonorrhoea infection will often have an unpleasant green or yellow discharge from the penis. If symptoms do develop, they are likely to appear from 2 to 7 days after infection.
Symptoms of Gonorrhoea in women can include:
- Unusual yellow, green, cloudy or bloody vaginal discharge
- Stinging, burning or other pains when urinating
- Vaginal bleeding after intercourse or spotting between periods
- Pain during sex
- Pain in the lower abdomen or pelvic area
- Sore throat Itching, redness and pain in the rectal area
- Painful bowl movements
Symptoms of Gonorrhoea in men can include:
- Pain or swelling in the penis or testicles
- Urge to urinate frequently
- Pus-like green, yellow or whitish discharge from the penis
- Red, swollen or sore around the opening of the penis
- Rectal pain, itching or discomfort
- Anal discharge
- Persistent sore throat
A Gonorrhoea infection will not generally go away on its own. To get rid of a Gonorrhoea infection you need to be treated with the correct antibiotics. This is particularly important as there are now some emerging types of Gonorrhoea that are resistant to certain common antibiotics. These strains of antibiotic resistant Gonorrhoea present a significant health threat and must be eliminated. To achieve this getting tested is the first step followed by treatment with the right antibiotics. A final test of cure should then be done to make sure the infection has been cleared. If you are worried about Gonorrhoea you should:
- Book your instant Gonorrhoea test now
- Abstain from sex until you have your test result
- If positive, your Better2Know doctor will prescribe the right antibiotics for you
- Gonorrhoea treatment is usually a single antibiotic tablet and an injection
- A test-of-cure is advised two weeks after treatment, this is to ensure your Gonorrhoea infection has completely cleared
- Abstain from sex until you are certain the Gonorrhoea infection is gone
Gonorrhoea: Consequences of an Untreated Infection
Untreated Gonorrhoea infections present a significant health risk to you and your partners. Without treatment, the Gonorrhoea bacteria will multiply inside your body and will start to harm your internal organs. Gonorrhoea can damage the reproductive organs of both men and women. In severe cases the infection can spread inside the body leading to organ failure and life-threatening conditions. The most common consequences of an untreated Gonorrhoea infection are:
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
- Blocked or damaged fallopian tubes
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Inability to conceive a child
- Infected testicles
- Blocked or damaged tubes that carry sperm away from the body
- Infected prostate gland
- In severe cases a Gonorrhoea infection can spread to the blood and joints which is called a disseminated gonococcal infection. This can be life threatening.
Gonorrhoea infections can be prevented if you take a few sensible precautions. You should:
- Always use a condom when having sex
- Do not have sex with multiple partners
- Get tested regularly
- Encourage your sexual partners to get tested regularly
- If you have any symptoms or cause for concern, get tested
- Notify recent sexual partners if you test positive for Gonorrhoea or any STI, as this helps prevents further transmission
Book Your Private Instant Gonorrhoea Test
Arrange your private instant Gonorrhoea testing appointment today by contacting Better2Know’s expert Sexual Health Advisors on the number at the top of the page. Better2Know’s online booking system also enables you to securely process your confidential booking, whenever it is convenient for you to do so. Simply select the orange Book Now button above to book your test and take care of your sexual health.